Sunday, June 30, 2013

CornFlake Chicken Recipe


Whenever I have made Cornflake Chicken in the past – it has turned out to be a soggy mess. Then I was watching Trisha’s Southern Kitchen (not that I obsessively watch The Food Network or anything). Her recipe is super simple and super yummy! So I tried it out, and came out with crunchy chicken FINALLY! And I added my only little touches.




Trisha’s Southern Kitchen


Ingredients

4-5 Chicken Breasts

Buttermilk

Salt

Pepper

Paprika

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

3 Cups Cornflakes

Hot Sauce (optional)



I use two zipper bags for this. One for the kiddos, and one for me and my boyfriend. First I salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Then I place the kid’s in one bag, and ours in the other. I pour in buttermilk – and then add plenty of hot sauce to ours. I love it spicy. And it takes a good amount of hot sauce to give this chicken a kick.

I like to let the chicken soak overnight. But if you are pressed for time – at least try to give them an hour in the buttermilk.

In another zipper bag I place my Cornflakes. I close it tight and then roll the bag with my rolling pin.

Once the cornflakes are good and crushed, I add more salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and my garlic powder. Mix well.

Lay out your cornflake mix in a large bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the mix – coat both sides well.

Preheat your oven to 350, and place chicken on a foil covered baking pan.

Bake for about an hour…and enjoy. So So GOOD!

0 comments:

Post a Comment