Sunday, June 30, 2013

Homemade Pancakes Recipe - Quick and Easy

What I like about this pancake recipe is you can pre-make the mix and store it in zipper bags. Just keep the mix in a dry warm place like your pantry.

I got the recipe and idea from Blissful and Domestic’s blog. She has a whole section dedicated to Ready Mixes and quick and easy recipes to use with the mixes.


Ingredients for Pancake Dry Mix

10 Cups All-Purpose Flour

2 ½ Cups Instant Nonfat Dry Milk

½ Cup Sugar

½ Cup Baking Powder

2 Tablespoon Salt

Now you can bag and label your mix and store it. Or if you want to make your pancakes right away (I usually do this on my baking day) then you can freeze the pancakes using a quick freeze. This way I can grab a pancake(s) from the freezer any day of the week, pop it in the microwave for about 2 minutes – and we have warm, fluffy and delicious pancakes super fast.

Pancakes

1 ½ Cups Pancake Dry Mix

1 Egg Beaten

1 Cup Water

3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil

2 teaspoons Cinnamon (Optional)

Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Bananas or Chocolate Chips (Optional – Use whatever your family loves)

Combine your egg, water and oil. Add in pancake dry mix. Blend well for about 3 minutes with hand mixer. Add cinnamon. Add your fruits or chocolate chips if you want. Pancakes taste incredible on their own as well.

Cook pancakes in frying pan or griddle. I spray my pan well with non-stick and cook on medium heat.

Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown.

The size and thickness of your pancakes is up to you. If you make smaller pancakes you can usually get 10-12 from each batch. I like to make bigger pancakes –so I usually only get 6-8.

You can eat pancakes right away – or quick freeze them before adding them to a freeze bag and storing them in your freezer.

Note: When adding fruits like blueberries or strawberries to your pancakes – I always cut mine up and mash them a little so they blend smoothly into my pancake mix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment