Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CinnaBun Recipe - AMAZING


As I say with all my baking adventures – I don’t go by looks, I go by taste. I try to really do all my baking on Sunday and get everything prepared for the week. So it takes a lot of time and effort. I don’t end up with perfectly round pizzas or exact replicas of Hot Pockets. But I come pretty close – and the taste is amazing!

So I have tried a few different Cinnabun recipes. But this is my absolute favorite! Half were gone within 5 minutes when I made them ! I use my bread machine – which I have completely fallen in love with over the past 6 months. I wrote a whole post about it, because it saves me money and time with incredible results. Read here…

Let’s start with the recipe for the Cinnabuns



Dough

(Place these in bread machine or mixing bowl)

1 Cup Warm Milk (I just pop it in the microwave for 1 minute)

2 eggs room temperature (you can run them over warm water for a minute or set them out 20mins prior to baking)

1/3 cup margarine (melted)

4 ½ cups flour (You can use bread flour or regular)

1 teaspoon salt

½ cup sugar

2 ½ teaspoons yeast

Note: If using bread machine – most direct you to put in wet ingredients then dry ingredients.

In the bread maker select the dough cycle. For mine it takes about 1 ½ hours. Or mix ingredients by hand and let rise for at least an hour.

Once dough has risen; you want to roll it out on a lightly flowered surface. For me, that is usually my dining room table 

Topping

1 cup brown sugar – packed (dark or light will work)

1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon (I tend to add a few shakes more)

1/3 cup butter (softened) – Really let this get soft on its own. It can sit out while the dough is rising.



Now spread the butter all over the dough. In a bowl mix the cinnamon and brown sugar well. Then crumble it all over the dough.

Now we are going to roll it up. You want to get 4-5 good rolls here – so make sure you roll as tight as you can.

Now grease a baking pan. Cut the roll into 12 individual pieces. Spread them out in your baking pan.

Note: I cover the rolls again and let them rise for another 20mins.

Go ahead and preheat your oven to 375. And pop the cinnabuns in. You want to bake them for 12-15 minutes or until brown.

Frosting

3 ounces cream cheese (softened)

¼ cup butter (softened)

1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes. Spread the mixture all over the buns while they are still warm.

These are great warm – but I actually like them even better cooled over. The icing is a little harder. But either way they are AMAZING!! They didn’t make it through the night at my house

0 comments:

Post a Comment